If you are looking for Pet Friendly Lodging on Long Beach Island, or in Beach Haven, then consider lodging for you and your four-legged friend in the Island Guest House Cottage or Wisteria Room.
In this day and age, more people consider their dogs as family members and wish to include them in their vacation. Now, you can bring your furry friend with you to the New Jersey Shore on a weekend getaway or summer vacation.
The entire main house is pet-free except for the Wisteria Room which is available for hypo allegenic dogs. Please make your reservation by phone with us. Dogs are NOT allowed to be left in rooms alone. Our accommodations are an inviting alternative to impersonal pet friendly hotels; your pets will be welcomed upon arrival with bottled water and biscuits in the room, water and food bowls, and a supply of plastic bags for waste cleanup. They may join you in the garden around the umbrella tables, and the area is extremely pet friendly, with a lovely large park and dog beach.
The following are our "Pet Policies":
- You must receive advanced approval at the time you reserve in order to bring your dog.
- Dogs must be house trained and socialized to other animals and people, and well behaved.
- Dogs must have current vaccinations and rabies shots.
- Pets cannot visit the guest rooms or common areas, hallways, front porch, or kitchens with deference to any guest who may have a pet allergy. However, there is ample space to relax on the grounds with your leashed pet, including breakfasting in our garden. There are also many areas to take your pet out and about for sightseeing or potty breaks and walks. The park and bay beach is a great place to frolic!
- Owners must clean up pet waste (this applies throughout the town of Beach Haven), and dogs should avoid "doing their business" in the garden courtyard.
- Pets can be left in the cottage as long as you are local in case they are distressed, bark excessively, or disturb the other guests. They should be left in their crate, or if they eat, scratch, or destroy something, including the new inlaid floors, your card will be run for damages.
- If the pet is on the furniture or beds, they need to be covered. Ask for sheets if you need them.
- Please wipe dirty paws, and do not bring wet or sandy pets into the cottage.
- Damage and "mistakes" that require cleaning will be charged to the guest's credit card.
- Unsociable pets (excessive barking, chewing, and aggression) may be asked to leave without a refund.
- Charge is $25.00 , 50 percent of which we donate to our local shelter to offset adoption fees to make it easier for a pet to find his forever home.