If you are looking for Pet Friendly Lodging on Long Beach Island, or in Beach Haven, then consider lodging for you and your four-legged friend in the Island Guest House Cottage or Wisteria Room.
In this day and age, more people consider their pets, especially dogs, as family members and wish to include them in their vacation. Now, you can bring your furry friend with you to the New Jersey Shore on a weekend getaway or summer vacatio
The entire main house is pet-free except for the Wisteria Room which is available for pocket dogs through the outside entrance who are not left behind when their parents go out. Also our grandpuppy Oscar visits through the outside entrance into the Sea Glass Room when he is in town. Your pet is is welcome to stay with you with advance arrangements. Our accommodations are an inviting alternative to impersonal pet friendly hotels; your pets will be welcomed upon arrival with bottled water and biscuits in the room, water and food bowls, and a supply of plastic bags for waste cleanup. They may join you in the garden around the umbrella tables, and the area is extremely pet friendly, with a lovely large park and dog beach.
The following are our "Pet Policies":
- You must receive advanced approval at the time you reserve in order to bring your pet.
- We reserve the right to restrict type or size of pet.
- Pets must be house trained and socialized to other animals and people.
- Pets must have current vaccinations and rabies shots.
- Pets cannot visit the guest rooms or common areas, hallways, front porch, or kitchens with deference to any guest who may have a pet allergy. However, there is ample space to relax on the grounds with your leashed pet, including breakfasting in our garden. There are also many areas to take your pet out and about for sightseeing or potty breaks and walks. The park and bay beach is a great place to frolic!
- Owners must clean up pet waste (this applies throughout the town of Beach Haven), and dogs should avoid "doing their business" in the garden courtyard.
- Pets can be left in the cottage as long as you are local in case they are distressed, bark excessively, or disturb the other guests. They should be left in their crate, or if they eat, scratch, or destroy something, including the new inlaid floors, your card will be run for damages.
- If the pet is on the furniture or beds, they need to be covered. Ask for sheets if you need them.
- Please wipe dirty paws, and do not bring wet or sandy pets into the cottage.
- Damage and "mistakes" that require cleaning will be charged to the guest's credit card.
- Unsociable pets (excessive barking, chewing, and aggression) may be asked to leave without a refund.
- Charge is $25.00 per day.
The main house at the Inn is pet-free, however, our Innkeepers' house is next door, and our kitty Star loves to come out and visit willing guests in the garden who invite her over. So, if you are missing your pet and just need a furry hug, Star is more than willing to comply! (just dont rub her belly).
If you are allergic or just not a cat person, she knows to mind her own business.
Oscar the Pug also stays next door in the Innkeepers house when he visits with our daughter Victoria. He loves to visit guests also, and is a gentle and funny little dog. He loves to lay in his basket in the corner of the SeaGlass Room in the afternoon while most guests are at the beach, but knows not to go near the door into the Inn.